Dragonboat integrates with both Jira Cloud and Jira Server using Jira API /Application Link.
Permission: please make sure you have Jira System Admin permission.
Browser: please use Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge browser. Please make sure you use the same browser that also logs into Jira because in the last step, Jira will authenticate your credential before complete the integration.
- On Dragonboat: Generate authentication key pairs on the Settings >> Jira Integration page.
- On Jira:
- Navigate to the Application Links page. (Jira Cloud or Jira Server)
- Enter key value data in the application link fields.
- On Dragonboat: Authorize the connection pop up from Jira.
Here are the details
1. On Dragonboat, Go to Settings >> Jira Integration page, enter your Jira URL to generate key pair for Jira to establish the connection.
Here are the steps for Jira Cloud
3. Create new application links (2 screens)
Copy the value from Dragonboat to Jira application linking fields. Fill all 3 URL fields with the same value on Dragonboat, and make sure you click the "Create incoming link" at the bottom of the 1st screen to go to the 2nd screen.
Make sure to check the box before go to the next screen
At the end of this process, you will see the Application Link success screen on Jira.
After click Next, you will see a confirmation screen. Please disable your browser popup blocker to see the following screen. You may need to be logged into Jira on this same browser to complete this final step.
Quick video on integrating with Jira cloud via app link
Please contact us at email@example.com if you need help. Thank you!