Dragonboat uses Jira API /Application Link to connect with Jira for 2-way sync. The following set up applies to both Jira Cloud or Server (aka on prem).
Permission: please make sure you have Jira System Admin permission
Browser: please use Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge browser.
Please make sure you use the same browser that also logs into Jira because in the last step, Jira will authenticate your credential before complete the integration.
- On Dragonboat: Generate authentication key pairs on the Settings >> Jira Integration page.
- On Jira:
- Navigate to the Application Links page. (Jira Cloud or Jira Server)
- Enter key value data in the application link fields.
- Search and find Jira customer field number for EPIC link and EPIC name (number only).
- On Dragonboat: Authorize the connection
Here are the details
1. On Dragonboat, Go to Settings >> Jira Integration page, enter your Jira URL to generate key pair for Jira to establish the connection.
Here are the steps for Jira Cloud
On Jira Server, you may find Application links from Admin >> Applications
3. Create new application links (2 screens)
Copy the value from Dragonboat to Jira application linking fields. Fill all 3 URL fields with the same value on Dragonboat, and make sure you click the "Create incoming link" at the bottom of the 1st screen to go to the 2nd screen.
At the end of this process, you will see the Application Link success screen on Jira.
After click Next, you will see a confirmation screen. Please disable your browser popup blocker to see the following screen. You may need to be logged into Jira on this same browser to complete this final step.
Quick video on integrating with Jira cloud via app link
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help. Thank you!