If you want to add 1 or 2 ideas to Dragonboat, you may use Link EPIC.
If you want to import many epics at once, you may use JQL import. Importing from Jira using JQL will automatically created associated Ideas in Dragonboat, linked to these Jira epics.
You may import epics at the last step of Jira integration, or any time from the Idea page below).
Start in Jira - Go to Jira issue search, use JQL to find the list of EPICs you'd like to import to Dragonboat. Note - please do not use saved Jira Search filters.
You can copy/paste the text below into your JIRA search fieldI if this makes it easier than hand typing/selecting, just don't forget to add your Project name or it's not much help. Your JQL may look like this
project in (X, Y,Z) AND issuetype = epic AND statusCategory != done
This is shown below:
Then copy the URL in browser and paste to the search field
During import you'll have the opportunity to map Jira fields to Dragonboat fields.
Note - If your account has an Admin, please check with your Admin on recommended mapping to ensure consistency.
You also have the opportunity to review and select the list of EPICs before completing the import.
If an EPIC is already in Dragonboat, it'll not be imported again.
If the mapping is not what you intended to, you may use the bulk update feature to update fields or even delete all of the current ideas.
1. You need to first complete the integration between Dragonboat and Jira using the Jira Application Link. Here are the details on how to integrate with Jira.
If you do not have Jira admin permission yet, you may export your Jira EPICs into a csv file, and import via csv to Dragonboat. This approach does not automatically link your Dragonboat account with Jira. More details here on csv imports.
2. Use Jira issue search first (Please do not use Jira saved filter in your search)
If you use Jira server: go to the Issue on the top navigation, click Search Issue in dropdown to land on the page and search for the EPICs
If you use Jira cloud, click on the Search icon on the left, and navigate to the advanced search screen to search for the EPICs.
3. once you see the results of your JQL search in Jira, copy the URL from the browser and paste into the import field
4. If you can't preview EPIC's during import, it could be mismatch of data type - Dragonboat will map only 1 value from each Jira column to the designated field
Our team is available to help out in a video call. Please book time here https://calendly.com/dragonboat
Please reach out via the help widget on the lower right of your screen or email us at email@example.com
Once imported from Jira you may
1. go to Ideas Dynamic Board page - to map Ideas to Timeframe, Objective, Themes. The priority is global regardless where you adjust it.
2. go to Forecast page to plan timeline, dependencies. Only Planning or Confirmed ideas will display on Forecast page
On the Progress page - please select the timeframe of interest to see the aggregated progress.