dragonboat is the complete platform for program and portfolio management - from strategic planning, resource allocation, to tracking and reporting.
In dragonboat Ideas are similar to Product Features, Projects, or Jira epics, while Initiatives are big ideas, Programs, or in SAFe EPICs. Think of Initiative as a way to group your dragonboat Ideas.
Getting started is easy, here are the 4 steps to create a strategic roadmap (aka portfolio kanban)
- Define your strategic drivers / portfolio dimensions
- Add Initiatives to plan for a longer horizon
- Assess and prioritize Initiatives in various dimensions
- Visualize the Initiatives on the Timeline
Step 1 - Define your strategic drivers / portfolio dimensions
Think about the many product areas, goals, themes, timeframes, etc. that you consider as you plan your roadmap. These will be your strategic drivers, or portfolio dimensions, in dragonboat. To update these fields to fit your team's needs navigate to:
- Settings - Identify which fields you'd like to start with and update. For a quick start, we recommend adding your Roadmaps and Timeframes.
- Ideas Board - Decide which strategic driver you'd like to start with, and select in the "Group by" menu (and ensure you are displaying Initiative, instead of Idea). Select the add button on the board to start creating the dimensions in your portfolio kanban.
Step 2 - Add Initiatives to plan for a longer horizon
In the Ideas Board, select "Display Initiative" to add Initiatives. While brainstorming, align or group each Initiative to its related goals (and other strategic drivers)
Step 3 - Assess and prioritize Initiatives in various dimensions
Change the "Group by" option to view each set of strategic dimensions. Once you've aligned each Initiative to a dimension, drag and drop the Initiatives within the column to prioritize.
Step 4 - Visualize the Initiatives on the Timeline
View the Initiatives on the Manage Timeline page and easily drag and drop each Initiative to plan out your estimated schedule.
Need help? Contact email@example.com or use the widget on the bottom right of your screen to search for help topics/ reach our product consultants.