Your Dragonboat users may access Dragonboat in either or both of these 2 ways
- access Dragonboat directly from the dragonboat website
- access Dragonboat from the tile within their Okta workspace
Here is a high level summary on how to set up Okta for your users. More details at the bottom of the page.
- Okta admin - Search OIN (Okta Integration Network) for "Dragonboat" app. There are two Dragonboat apps - the Okta Open ID (OID) app allows users to access Dragonboat directly from the Dragonboat log in page. This app is required. The Okta Single Sign On (SSO) app is optional, install only if you'd like to allow your users to access Dragonboat directly from the tile inside of the Okta app. If you'd like to allow user to access Dragonboat directly from within Okta, please add Dragonboat SSO app as well.
- Okta admin & Dragonboat Admin - set up integration on Okta Admin screen and Dragonboat integration screen
- User - First time log in to Dragonboat - when the selected user (from #1 above) access your Dragonboat account for the first time, s/he will be authenticated and granted a Read only access (just in time provisioning in Dragonboat)
- Dragonboat admin - may update Dragonboat user's Dragonboat permission to Admin, Editor as needed, within Dragonboat
- Off boarding
- Okta admin revokes user's access to Dragonboat.
- This user will be automatically deactivated in Dragonboat and no longer able to access Dragonboat.
Please use the Settings >> Integration page to request access to enable Okta for your account.
- Once a Dragonboat account is set to use Okta, existing Dragonboat users will no longer able to log in with their previous email and password.
- The Dragonboat admin or account owner may contract Dragonboat support to temporarily or permanently disable Okta as the authentication method. Users will then have ability to reset password, and use email and password to log in.
Dragonboat OID: Step by Step guide on integrating and enabling Okra Open ID Access
1. Log in as Okta admin, go to Application tab, and click Add Application
2. Find Dragonboat in the Application search bar and click Add
3. Ensure the Do not display application icon option is checked (because user will not be able to access Dragonboat app using this tile)
4. Click the Assignments tab and assign access to individual users or groups. If the Okta admin will perform the integration with Dragonboat within the Dragonboat app, please enable the Okta admin access to Dragonboat in Okta. Also set the Okta admin as an admin in Dragonboat app. Alternatively, Okta admin may work with Dragonboat admin real time together to perform the next 2 steps.
5. Integrate Dragonboat and Okta: Go to the Sign on tab and copy the Client ID and Client secret
6. Log on to your Dragonboat account with email and password (or via Google log in). Go to the Okta setting page, copy and paste your Okta URL, Client ID and Client secret in their respective field in Dragonboat.
You should see the success page after the connection is completed.
7. On the Dragonboat app log in page, there will be only Log in with Okta button
8. In Dragonboat user setting page, the Blue Okta icon indicates the "Log in with Okta SSO" is activated. All Okta access defaults to Read only. Dragonboat admin may upgrade user type to Editor or Admin. Users no longer with active Okta token will be set to Inactive.
9. Dragonboat admin may request to disable Okta via contacting support on the Settings >> Okta page.
Dragonboat SSO: guide to enable users to access Dragonboat from within Okta
1. Log in as Okta admin, go to Application tab, and click Add Application and add the Dragonboat SSO app
2. On the General tab, add your dragonboat log in page URL below, and uncheck the Do not display options
3. Update the sign on tab
4. Assign users with access
5. User's experience - click the tile to log on to Dragonboat
1. User may need to unblock popup blocker on the browser during the redirect. If there is any issue, try to refresh the browser.