Ideas serve multiple needs, e.g. related to customers, business goals, or the product areas. You may call them strategic pillars, themes, dimensions. They are similar to label or tag and may create its own hierarchy.
On the Settings page.
- You may RENAME the meta data field itself to reflect the terminologies used in your own organization. Example: rename Roadmap to Product area or Business Unit. Rename Category to Customer Segment, rename Theme to Strategic driver etc.
- Add, Update, Merge, Delete / Archive, Change global display order
These meta data includes the following.
- Objective (aka Goal) - enterprise plan and above has 2 levels of Objectives, e.g. group OKR and team OKR
- Roadmap - enterprise plan and above has 2 levels of Roadmaps, e.g. Product and sub-area
- Theme (aka Strategic Theme)
- Timeframe (aka Release)
A new value of meta data may also be created in context (on the Idea edit screen, on the Idea board, or on the Idea list) if there is no existing value.
To maintain a clean list of meta data, and to avoid accidentally remove the ones in use, we recommend merging duplicate data, or archive an inactive value, especially around Goals, Releases, and Themes.
To Merge duplicate meta data values
- Go to the relevant setting page
- Click the Merge icon
- Select the values to merge and click save.
User related setting data are not related to Ideas. They are used primarily for resourcing related activities (estimates, assignment).
- User (may be resources or those who can access dragonboat)
When you merge Team or Skill data, the related Estimates will also be updated.
For example, if you have 2 estimates: Team A Skill X, and Team AA Skill Y, when you merge Team A with Team AA, you'd get 2 estimates as Team AA Skill X, and Team XX Skill Y.
To change the order of values on settings page determine the order of these values on all other pages, including Forecast (schedule and list), Ideas List, Manage, Summary, etc.